Air gaugingis a non-contact comparative measuring method. Around 80 years have passed since it was first used in the sector. The idea of air gauging is based on the physical equation that flow and pressure are inversely related to clearance and directly proportional to it. In this context, clearance refers to the separation between the workpiece and the nozzle of the air gauge probe. Air pressure reduces proportionally as clearance rises, yet air flow likewise rises. Air pressure rises when clearance diminishes and air flow likewise falls.
This is made possible by the air jets in the
air gauges. Air jets having a controlled air flow via the nozzle. A restrictor is provided by the nozzle. Air flow decreases and back pressure rises when the measured product is brought closer to the nozzle. The flow is nil and the back pressure is equal to the regulated air when the nozzle is totally blocked. In contrast, air flow is greatest and back pressure is lowest when the nozzle is exposed to the atmosphere. An accurate dimensional value is then obtained by electrically converting the pressure discrepancies.
How do air gauges work?
The idea behind how air gauges work is that applying pressure to a confined gas will result in a change in volume or force. This change in volume or force is transformed into a quantifiable signal that can be shown on a gauge in an air gauge. A Bourdon tube is used to measure air pressure the most frequently. A metal tube with a curve that has been spirally flattened is known as a Bourdon tube. The end of the tube moves when pressure is applied to the inside of the tube, which straightens out as a result. The pressure reading is then displayed via a pointer on the gauge dial as a result of this movement
Where are air gauges used?
The measurement of soft, highly polished, thin-wallet, fragile components that call for high accuracy is well suited for air gauging. As a result, air gauging is employed in numerous sectors, including the ones listed below: Automotive Aerospace Bearings Medical Molds Machinery components Packaging
Benefits of air gauges
1. High precision: Air gauges provide highly accurate and precise measurements, making them ideal for use in applications where precision is critical.
2. Non-contact measurement: Unlike some other types of gauges, air gauges do not require physical contact with the object being measured. This makes them ideal for measuring delicate or fragile objects that could be damaged by contact.
3. Wide measurement range: Air gauges can be used to measure a wide range of dimensions, including length, diameter, and depth.
4. Fast measurement: Air gauges are designed to provide fast and efficient measurements, which can help improve productivity and efficiency in manufacturing and quality control.
5. Consistent results: Because air gauges rely on air pressure to measure dimensions, they provide consistent and repeatable results. This can help ensure that products meet consistent quality standards.
6. Easy to use: Air gauges are easy to use and require minimal training to operate. They are also relatively lightweight and portable, which makes them convenient for use in different areas of a manufacturing facility.
7. Cost-effective: Air gauges are often more cost-effective than other types of gauges, making them an affordable option for many businesses.
Maintenance of Air gauge
An air gauge needs to be properly maintained to remain accurate and reliable. Cleaning the gauge, inspecting it for wear or damage, and replacing any worn or damaged parts are all regular maintenance procedures. Also, while not in use, air gauges need to be kept in a pristine, dry, and safe environment.
Accuracy and Calibration
When choosing an air gauge for a particular application, accuracy is a crucial consideration. The pressure range and manufacturing tolerances of an air gauge affect how accurate it is to measure air pressure. With a smaller range and tighter manufacturing tolerances, a high-quality air gauge will provide a more precise reading. Air gauges also need to be calibrated on a regular basis to ensure accuracy. When a gauge is calibrated, the readings are compared to a recognised standard and any necessary corrections are made.
Task Precision Industries is a leading
air gauge manufacturer in India, providing high-quality
industrial measurement equipmentto various industries. With a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals, Task Precision Industries is dedicated to providing customers with the best possible solutions for their measurement needs.
One of the key products offered by Task Precision Industries is air gauges. These gauges are used for measuring the internal diameter of holes and bores, and are widely used in the manufacturing industry for quality control purposes. Task Precision Industries offers a range of air gauges, including plug gauges, ring gauges, and taper gauges, all designed to meet the specific requirements of different applications.
If you are searching for precision gauges in India you can visit our website www.taskgauges.com or contact us for more information .